Welcome to this week’s edition of The Source on location in Agra, India, on making conscious choices!
You may be familiar with these vulnerable and enlightening words of St. Augustine:
[tweet_dis]“All my life I’ve been knocking at the door. Suddenly, it opens… I’ve been knocking from the inside.”[/tweet_dis]
Often in life, this is why we feel confused and overwhelmed regarding what we really want. We don’t acknowledge that so much of what we want is already inside. So in order to get clearer on those aspects of our life we want to heighten, we can use the lens of the Five Realms as a filter to “see” what it is we really want and awaken what already rests within. So first let’s reflect on the five aspects of our life that impact our choice-making: the physical realm, the emotional realm, the material realm, the relationship realm, and the spiritual realm. And ask yourself what you really want right now in each of those realms.
For the process to work, we need to come from a place of stillness and silence – which allows us to be less conditioned in our assessments, and less knee-jerk in our reactions. If we can come from this space – with greater regularity & consistency – we will make decisions LESS out of fear and desperation.
We all have experienced making a choice out of fear, poverty consciousness, desperation, or constricted less-than thinking. Rarely is the outcome what we envisioned. In fact, most likely, you will feel even more confused or overwhelmed because after the dust settles, you will not have what you really, really want.
In moments like that, we need to breathe deeply and remember the words of Lao Tzu: “Do you have the patience to wait until your mud settles and the water is clear? Can you remain unmoving until the right action arises by itself?”
If that feels right to you, then here are seven steps to help you gain clarity and make more conscious choices:
1. Meditate. Spend at least ten minutes slowing down, breathing, and relaxing your bodymind.
2. Let go of anyone else’s opinion of your choice, vision, or decision.
3. Close your eyes & place your hand on your heart as you walk yourself through each realm and envision choosing one.
4. Project yourself into the future & ask, “How does it feel now that I have made this choice?”
5. Listen to your heart. Listen to your body. Listen to the whispers of your soul.
6. Trust in the divine plan of the universe.
7. Feel yourself merge into the choice.
This conscious choice-making process can be activated in any moment – and is ALWAYS worth taking the time to first slow down and pattern interrupt from your relentless swirl of thoughts, mental activities, chatter, and confusion.
I’ll see you in the GAP. Peace. -d
To date, more than 100 spiritual warriors have graduated from my Masters of Wisdom & Meditation Teacher Training. Some have gone on to open their own coaching and teaching businesses (you can find a list of those meditation teachers here) but many who have taken this extended course did so simply to elevate their meditation practice to a higher and deeper level, and achieve greater knowledge and understanding of the most esteemed masters and their timeless teachings.
My 4-month long meditation teacher training starts November 20, and culminates with a week in-residence with me in early March 2017.
All classes are LIVE! online interactive webinars. During your time leading up to the final week, you will experience a one-on-one Skype call with me, a live video webinar per month (four total) in which you will interact with your fellow teachers in training, have continuous interaction with me, as well as video and audio teachings each week (16 weekly lessons).
The final week of meditation teacher training concludes your training with an intensive seven-days “in-residence” at The Meditation Nest in Carlsbad, Calif. davidji will guide you to elevating your meditation practice to a higher and deeper level. You will achieve greater knowledge and understanding of the most esteemed masters and their timeless teachings. Here are some of the key topics:
- Receive your personal mantra;
- Learn other powerful mantras;
- Practice various meditation and breathing techniques to create higher states of consciousness;
- Gain a deeper understanding of what happens to your body, mind and emotions when you meditate;
- Explore in depth the ancient Vedic teachings of the Bhagavad Gita, as well as several modern masters such as don Miguel Ruiz, Pema Chodron and Eckhart Tolle;
- Learn the process of teaching others and share from a deeper realm;
- Learn to manifest your intentions and desires and attain deeper fulfillment in your life;
- Learn the most profound spiritual and wisdom traditions.
Connect with the greatest teachers of Vedanta, Buddhism, spirituality, emotional healing and mind-body wellness!! You can learn more about this program here >>