Welcome Spiritual Warriors, and welcome to this week’s edition of The Source in which we explore self-acceptance.
We’re always our harshest critic. We know that we have made choices and decisions throughout our life that we may regret or torture ourselves about. But they are carved in stone, and we must accept them, forgive ourselves, and make better choices in the future.
A lot of self acceptance really comes down to awareness. The more aware we are – of ourselves, of our words, of our actions, of their impact, of other’s emotions, of our surroundings – the more conscious we are. When we are more conscious, we are more aligned with the universe… allowing us to flow love more easily, experience deeper meaning in the moment, and live lives of greater balance and happiness.
In the ancient Vedic traditions, everything in our physical world is made up of a balance of three forces known in Sanskrit as gunas. The gunas are tendencies…potential in a given moment. The three gunas are sattva, rajas, & tamas. Just like the doshas in Ayurveda, each of the three gunas is ever present simultaneously in every particle of creation, but variations in their amounts and the balance they manifest in a given moment influence our surroundings, our mind, our body, and our soul.
So what are the gunas?
• Sattva can be translated to mean clarity, purity, balance, harmony, order, and lucidity. It’s light and luminous – awakening and developing our soul.
• Rajas can be translated to mean change, movement, passion, turbulence, and dynamism. It’s the tendency toward attraction, repulsion, fear, and desire. It’s the principle of energy.
• Tamas can be translated to mean darkness, heaviness, constriction, negativity, and dullness. It’s the force that leads us to attachment, stagnation, and inertia – even destruction or devolution.
Everything within us and outside of us can be defined as either sattvic – filled with lightness; rajasic – filled with energy; or tamasic – containing heaviness. In each moment, our surroundings, our emotions, the foods we ingest, our feelings, and every internal & external interaction is expressing a guna.
Use the three gunas as a tool of awareness & balance to help you awaken your most genuine self; a tool of balance to ease your physiology and your emotional state back to center; and a tool of growth to help you die to the past and evolve to your best expression.
Real compassion starts with self-compassion, which leads to self-acceptance. Keep meditating. I’ll see you in the gap!
Masters of Wisdom & Meditation Teacher Training
To date, more than 100 spiritual warriors have graduated from my Masters of Wisdom & Meditation Teacher Training. Some have gone on to open their own coaching and teaching businesses (you can find a list of those meditation teachers here) but many who have taken this extended course did so simply to elevate their meditation practice to a higher and deeper level, and achieve greater knowledge and understanding of the most esteemed masters and their timeless teachings.
All classes are LIVE! online interactive webinars. During your time leading up to the final week, you will experience a one-on-one Skype call with me, a live video webinar per month (four total) in which you will interact with your fellow teachers in training, have continuous interaction with me, as well as video and audio teachings each week (16 weekly lessons).
The final week of meditation teacher training concludes your training with an intensive seven-days “in-residence” at The Meditation Nest in Carlsbad, Calif. davidji will guide you to elevating your meditation practice to a higher and deeper level. You will achieve greater knowledge and understanding of the most esteemed masters and their timeless teachings. Here are some of the key topics:
- Receive your personal mantra;
- Learn other powerful mantras;
- Practice various meditation and breathing techniques to create higher states of consciousness;
- Gain a deeper understanding of what happens to your body, mind and emotions when you meditate;
- Explore in depth the ancient Vedic teachings of the Bhagavad Gita, as well as several modern masters such as don Miguel Ruiz, Pema Chodron and Eckhart Tolle;
- Learn the process of teaching others and share from a deeper realm;
- Learn to manifest your intentions and desires and attain deeper fulfillment in your life;
- Learn the most profound spiritual and wisdom traditions.
Connect with the greatest teachers of Vedanta, Buddhism, spirituality, emotional healing and mind-body wellness!! You can learn more about this program here >>