Our Commitment to Your Privacy
Summary: This policy sets out how davidji inc. collects and uses the information that we collect about you when you use the davidji inc. services. This policy also explains the choices that you can make about the way that we use your information.
- Information we collect and its use:
We collect the following types of information about you:
(a) Information you provide us directly
We may ask for certain information such as a username, your first and last names, birthdate, phone number, profession and e-mail address when you register for a davidji inc. account, or if you correspond with us. We also collect any messages you send us through the Service, and may collect information you provide in User Content you post to the Service (such as in comments you make on the blog). We use this information to operate, maintain, and provide the features and functionality of the Service to you, to correspond with you, and to address any issues you raise about the Service.
Summary: If you give us info about you, we will keep it and use it to provide our Service and make our service better.
(b) Information we receive from third parties
We may receive information about you from third parties. For example, if you access our websites or Service through a third-party connection or log-in, for example, through Facebook Connect, by “following,” “liking,” adding the davidji inc. application, linking your account to the davidji inc. Service, etc., that third party may pass certain information about your use of its service to davidji inc. This information could include, but is not limited to, the user ID associated with your account (for example, your Facebook UID), an access token necessary to access that service, any information that you have permitted the third party to share with us, and any information you have made public in connection with that service. You should always review, and if necessary, adjust your privacy settings on third-party websites and services before linking or connecting them to the davidji inc. Service. You may also unlink your third party account from the Service by adjusting your settings on the third party service. If you unlink your third party account, we will no longer receive information collected about you in connection with that service.
Summary: When you use our Service, third parties might give us some info about you, especially if you are signed into a third party account while using our Service. When you choose to link your social media account with our Service such as by logging in through Facebook or Gmail, your social media account provider (such as Google and Facebook) will give us some info about you such as your Facebook user identification number.
(c) Information we collect from you automatically
We will directly collect analytics data, or use third-party analytics tools, to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Service. These tools collect information sent by your browser or mobile device, including the pages you visit and other information (in respect of which, please see the paragraph on log file information below) that assists us in improving the Service. For more information on the analytics cookies we use and how to opt out of third parties collecting this information, please see our Cookies Policy below.
Summary: To help us improve our service we keep info about how you use our service.
(d) Cookies information and information taken from similar technologies
When you visit the Service, we will send cookies — small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters — to your computer that uniquely identifies your browser and lets davidji inc. help you log in faster and enhance your navigation through the site. A cookie may also convey information to us about how you use the Service (e.g., the pages you view, the links you click and other actions you take on the Service).
You can control or reset your cookies and similar technologies through your web browser, which will allow you to customize your cookie preferences and to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some features of the Service may not function properly if the ability to accept cookies is disabled.
(e) Log file information
Log file information is automatically reported by your browser or mobile device each time you access the Service. When you use our Service, our servers automatically record certain log file information. These server logs may include anonymous information such as your web request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with links on the Service, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information.
Summary: Whenever you load a page from davidji inc., your browser sends us info about itself and your interactions with our Service. That info gets stored on our servers.
(g) Device identifiers
When you access the Service by or through a mobile device (including but not limited to smart-phones or tablets), we may access, collect, monitor and/or remotely store one or more “device identifiers,” such as a universally unique identifier (“UUID”). Device identifiers are small data files or similar data structures stored on or associated with your mobile device, which uniquely identify your mobile device. A device identifier may be data stored in connection with the device hardware, data stored in connection with the device’s operating system or other software, or data sent to the device by davidji inc.. A device identifier may convey information to us about how you browse and use the Service. A device identifier may remain persistently on your device, to help you log in faster and enhance your navigation through the Service. Some features of the Service may not function properly if use or availability of device identifiers is impaired or disabled. Device Identifiers used by davidji inc. include the Android Advertising ID and iOS Advertising Identifier.
Summary: In order to track how different people are using our Service we might store a unique ID on your mobile that helps us do that.
- How we use your information
We use the information we collect about you for the purposes set out above which we have described in more detail below:
- Providing you with the Service: We use the information that you provide us to provide the Service to you. This includes allowing you to log in to davidji inc., or the davidji Meditation Academy, operating and maintaining the Service, giving you access to your online dashboard, online courses, curated content, and billing you for transactions that you make via the Service. We also use information we collect about you automatically to remember information about you so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the site.
- For data analytics: We use information about you to help us improve the davidji inc. Service and our users’ experience, including by monitoring aggregate metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns.
- Customizing the Service for you: We use information you provide us and information about you to make sure that your use of the Service is customized to your needs. For example, what kind of emails you want to receive from davidji inc..
- To communicate with you about the Service: We use your contact information to get in touch with you and to send communications about critical elements of the Service. For example, we may send you emails about technical issues, security alerts or administrative matters.
- To promote and drive engagement with the davidji inc. Service: We use your contact information to get in touch with you about features and offers relating to the Service that we think you would be interested in. We also use information we collect about you to make sure that you get the most relevant offers and promotions based on your use of the Service, and your preferences. You can opt-out of getting these communications as described below.
- Customer happiness: We use information about you, information that you provide to our customer happiness team, and information about your interactions with the Service to resolve technical issues you experience with the Service, and to ensure that we can repair and improve the Service for all davidji inc. users.
- For matters that you have specifically consent to: From time to time davidji inc. may seek your consent to use your information for a particular purpose. Where you consent to our doing so, we will use it for that purpose. Where you no longer want us to use your information for that purpose you may withdraw your consent to this use.
Summary: These are the reasons that davidji inc. needs to use information about you.
Legal bases for processing information under the GDPR (for users in the EEA)
For davidji inc. users in the European Economic Area (EEA) davidji inc. processes your information in accordance with European laws and regulations such as the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). The GDPR governs how davidji inc. may process your information, and the rights that EEA users have in relation to it.
This means that davidji inc. will collect and use your information only where:
- We need it to provide you the Service and fulfil our obligations to you under our Terms of Service.
- It is in our legitimate interests to provide a useful Service, to send you marketing and to enhance our Service via research and development (but only where our legitimate interest isn’t overridden by your interest in protecting your data).
- You consent to us using your information in a certain way – for example, to hear about new features or offers.
- It is necessary for compliance with our legal obligations.
If you have consented to our use of your information you can withdraw that consent at any time. Depending on the situation you can either withdraw your consent by emailing email@example.com, or through your account settings page. Where we are using your information because of a legitimate interest to do so, you have the right to object to that use. However, if you do so it may mean that it is not possible for you to continue using the Services.
Summary: GDPR, you may have heard of it? It’s kind of a big deal. If you are accessing our Service from the EEA, we process your personal data: (i) where this is necessary to provide the Service to you; (ii) where it is in our legitimate interests; (iii) where you consent; or (iv) where it is necessary for compliance with our legal obligations.
Additional EU Disclosures
OUR ROLE AS DATA CONTROLLER AND DATA PROCESSOR
davidji inc. generally acts as the data controller of your information submitted through our website.
If you are situated in the EU and have any complaints regarding our privacy practices as data controller, you have the right to make a complaint at any time to your local Supervisory Authority. We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach your Supervisory Authority so please contact us in the first instance. Please see our contact details below in the section titled “Contact Us”. If you are situated in the EU and have a complaint, please contact our privacy manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
PROVISION OF PERSONAL DATA AND FAILURE TO PROVIDE PERSONAL DATA
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with our services). In this case, we will not be able to provide services to you.
LEGAL BASIS FOR OUR PROCESSING OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Below are the types of lawful basis that we will rely on to process your personal data:
- Legitimate Interest means the interest of our business in conducting and managing our business to enable us to give you the best service/product and the best and most secure experience. We make sure we consider and balance any potential impact on you (both positive and negative) and your rights before we process your personal data for our legitimate interests. We do not use your personal data for activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you (unless we have your consent or are otherwise required or permitted to by law). You can obtain further information about how we assess our legitimate interests against any potential impact on you in respect of specific activities by contacting us at email@example.com
- Performance of Contract means processing your data where it is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or to take steps at your request before entering into such a contract.
- Comply with a legal or regulatory obligation means processing your personal data where it is necessary for compliance with a legal or regulatory obligation that we are subject.
CHANGE OF PURPOSE
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to get an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so. Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA FROM THIRD PARTY SOURCES
We also collect personal data about you from various third parties and public sources.
- If you register for our services using Facebook, Twitter or other social media sites, we will import your information from those social media sites.
- As discussed above, we also obtain information through automated technologies (see section titled “Information Collection”)
WITHDRAWING YOUR CONSENT
If we are relying on your consent to process your personal data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
USE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA FOR MARKETING PURPOSES
We strive to provide you with choices regarding certain personal data uses, particularly around marketing and advertising:
- Promotional offers from us: We may use your personal data to form a view on what we think you may want or need, or what may be of interest to you. This is how we decide which products, services and offers may be relevant for you (we call this marketing). You will receive marketing communications from us if you have requested information from us or used our services and, in each case, you have not opted out of receiving that marketing.
- Third-party marketing: We will get your express opt-in consent before we share your personal data with any company outside our company for marketing purposes.
To see how you can opt out of marketing communications, please see the section titled “Opt-Out” found at the bottom of all of our email communications.
RIGHTS OF EU DATA SUBJECTS
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data. you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
- Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
- Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
- Request restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios: (a) if you want us to establish the data’s accuracy; (b) where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it; (c) where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or (d) you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
- Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
- Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
To exercise your rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
OPTING OUT OF MESSAGES FROM US
To opt-out of any future promotional messages from us, you should send an unsubscribe request to us at email@example.com. If you do not want your personal information or personal data shared with any third party who may use such information for direct marketing purposes, then you may opt-out of such disclosures by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will process your request within a reasonable time after receipt. Please note that if you opt out in this manner, certain aspects of the Website may no longer be available to you.
OPTING OUT OF COOKIES
If you want to stop or restrict the placement of cookies or flush any cookies that may already be on your computer or device, please refer to and adjust your web browser preferences. By deleting our cookies or disabling future cookies you may not be able to access certain areas or features of our Website or some of its functionality may be affected. Cookies and similar items are not used by us to automatically retrieve personally identifiable information from your device without your knowledge.
DATA RELATING TO CHILDREN
Our Website is designed for those 18 years of age and older. We do not knowingly collect information from anyone under the age of 13 (or such other age as may be restricted under local law). If we are made aware that we have received such information, or any information in violation of our policy, we will use reasonable efforts to locate and remove that information from our records.
CROSS BORDER TRANSFERS
If you are a California resident this section applies to you. Under California Law, California residents have the right to request in writing from businesses with whom they have an established business relationship, (a) a list of the categories of personally identifiable information, such as name, email address and mailing address and the type of services provided to the customer that a business has disclosed to third parties (including affiliates that are separate legal entities) during the immediately preceding calendar year for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes and (b) the names and addresses of all such third parties. To request the above information, please contact us at email@example.com. If you do not want your personally identifying information shared with any third party who may use such information for direct marketing purposes, then you may opt out of such disclosures by sending an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sharing your information
We will not rent or sell your information to third parties outside davidji inc. and its group companies (including any parent, subsidiaries and affiliates) without your consent, except as noted in this section:
Summary: We won’t share your personal information without your permission except as follows:
(a) Who we share your information with
Some of the third parties that davidji inc. may share your personal information with include providers who assist davidji inc. with functions such as:
- Customer support and customer management;
- Email services;
- Hosting and storage;
- Analytics; and
- Delivery of physical products;
Summary: We might share some information on you with our business partners and third party service providers, but only as necessary to provide the service to you or to fulfil davidji inc.’s legitimate business interests.
(b) Who you can choose to share your User Content with
Any information or content that you voluntarily disclose for posting to the Service, such as User Content, becomes available to the public, as controlled by any applicable privacy settings. Subject to your profile and privacy settings, any User Content that you make public is searchable by other Users. If you remove information that you posted to the Service, copies remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Service, or if other Users have copied or saved that information.
Summary: By default all content you post on davidji inc. is private. If you do choose to make your information public, that information may remain visible even after you remove it via cached and archived pages, or if other users have made copies.
(c) Sharing with other third parties
davidji inc. will also share your information with third parties in certain circumstances, such as where:
- we are required to do so as a result of a court order, subpoena or other legal requirement;
- we believe that it is necessary to protect you or davidji inc., such as where we consider that there is a need to investigate potentially fraudulent or criminal activity;
- you have consented to our sharing it with a third party for a particular purpose;
Summary: These ones speak for themselves.
davidji inc. will also share your information with a third party in circumstances where we sell, divest or transfer davidji inc. (including any shares in davidji inc.), or any combination of its products, services, assets and/or businesses to a third party. Information such as customer names and email addresses, User Content and other user information related to the Service may be among the items sold or otherwise transferred in these types of transactions. We will also sell, assign or otherwise transfer such information in the event of corporate divestitures, mergers, acquisitions, bankruptcies, dissolutions, reorganisations, liquidations, similar transactions or proceedings involving all or a portion of davidji inc.. You will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on the Service if such a transaction takes place and be given notice of any material changes to the way we handle your data under this policy.
We may also aggregate or otherwise strip data of all personally identifying characteristics and may share that aggregated, anonymized data with third parties.
Summary: If we sell our business, any of the info which we’ve acquired about you may be part of the sale.
We may also aggregate or otherwise strip data of all personally identifying characteristics and may share that aggregated, anonymized data with third parties.
- Ads on davidji inc.
Please note that an advertiser may ask davidji inc. to show an ad to a certain audience of Users (e.g., based on demographics or other interests). In that situation, davidji inc. determines the target audience and davidji inc. serves the advertising to that audience and only provides anonymous aggregated data to the advertiser. If you respond to such an ad, the advertiser or ad server may conclude that you fit the description of the audience they are trying to reach.
Summary: If we have to have ads on our site *ewww* we might use some of your info to show you appropriate ads. We may also use some of that info to send you relevant ads on other sites, like Facebook or Google.
- How we transfer, store and protect your data
Summary: To run our service we’ll have to use computers all over the world. This means your information might be transferred to the US, Europe and anywhere else the service is operated.
- Cross-border transfers of information (for users in the EEA)
For Users in the EEA, where we transfer your information to a third party provider that is not located in the EEA, and is not subject to an adequacy decision by the EU Commission, we will require those third party providers to enter into an agreement that provides appropriate safeguards for your information, including by using the EU Model Clauses.
Summary: We transfer your information outside the EEA subject to appropriate safeguards.
- Keeping your information safe
davidji inc. cares about the security of your information, and uses appropriate safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of all information collected through the Service. To protect your privacy and security, we take reasonable steps (such as requesting a unique password) to verify your identity before granting you access to your account. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information, and for controlling access to your email communications from davidji inc., at all times. However, davidji inc. cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to davidji inc. or guarantee that information on the Service may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed. Your privacy settings may also be affected by changes to the functionality of third party sites and services that you add to the davidji inc. Service, such as social networks. davidji inc. is not responsible for the functionality or security measures of any third party.
Summary: We care about the safety of your data and, have implemented industry recognized measures to protect it, but unfortunately we can’t guarantee that nothing bad will ever happen to it. (A troop of rabid baboons springs to mind).
- Compromise of information
In the event that any information under our control is compromised as a result of a breach of security, davidji inc. will take reasonable steps to investigate the situation and where appropriate, notify those individuals whose information may have been compromised and take other steps, in accordance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Summary: If there is a breach of our security we will investigate it and let any affected users know.
- Your choices about your information
(a) You control your account information and settings
You may update your account information by logging into your account and changing your profile settings. You can also stop receiving promotional email communications from us by clicking on the “unsubscribe link” provided in such communications. We make every effort to promptly process all unsubscribe requests.
You may not opt out of Service-related communications (e.g., account verification, purchase and billing confirmations and reminders, changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices) although you can object to us providing these emails by emailing email@example.com.
If you have any questions about reviewing or modifying your account information, you can contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Summary: You have control over your account settings, such as your account information and email notifications, but there’s some important stuff we’ll always send you. If you have any questions about reviewing or modifying your account information, you can contact us directly at email@example.com .
(b) Opting out of collection of your information
Please refer to your mobile device or browser’s technical information for instructions on how to delete and disable cookies, and other tracking/recording tools. Depending on your type of device, it may not be possible to delete or disable tracking mechanisms on your mobile device. Note that disabling cookies and/or other tracking tools prevents davidji inc. or its business partners from tracking your browser’s activities in relation to the Service, and for use in targeted advertising activities by davidji inc., including via third parties’ websites. However, doing so may disable many of the features available through the Service. If you have any questions about opting out of the collection of cookies and other tracking/recording tools, please read our Cookies Policy or you can contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org .
If you want us to stop collecting information about you, there may be some settings you can adjust in your browser or device. But davidji inc. might be pretty boring without it.
(c) Rights in respect of your Information
The laws of some countries grant particular rights in respect of personal information. In certain circumstances, users in the EEA have the right to:
- Request a copy of your information;
- Request that we correct inaccuracies relating to your information;
- Request that your information be deleted or that we restrict access to it;
- Request a structured electronic version of your information; and
- Object to our use of your information.
Should you wish to make a request in respect of your personal information please contact us at email@example.com. You also have the right to object to our processing of personal data about you in order to send you marketing and we will stop processing data for that purpose.
In some circumstances davidji inc. will not be able to comply with a request that you make in respect of your personal data. For example, we may not be able to provide a copy of your information where it infringes on the rights of another User. We may also be required to retain certain information that you ask us to delete for various reasons, such as where there is a legal requirement to do so. In some cases, you may have shared your information with third parties. In that case davidji inc. will not be able to delete the information, and you will need to contact that third party directly.
If we are unable to resolve your request, or if you are concerned about a potential violation, you also have the option to report the issue or make a complaint to the data protection authority in your jurisdiction. Where you have provided your consent to certain processing and no longer want us to use your information for that purpose, you may withdraw your consent to this use, although this will not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal. Please see paragraph “You control your account information and settings” for more options on how to opt-out of marketing communications.
Summary: You may have specific rights in relation to your information depending on where you live. In particular, if you are located in the EEA, in certain circumstances you have a right to request a copy of your information, object to your use of information and a right to request that your information be deleted or that we restrict access to it.
- How long we keep your information
Following termination or deactivation of your User account, davidji inc. will retain your profile information and User Content for a commercially reasonable time, and for as long as we have a valid purpose to do so. In particular, davidji inc. will retain your information for the purpose of complying with its legal and audit obligations, and for backup and archival purposes.
Summary: We retain your profile information and user content for the purpose of providing our Service to you and to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
- Children’s privacy
davidji inc. does not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from children under the age of 13 and the Service and its content are not directed at children under the age of 13. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Links to other websites and services
- California users’ Privacy Rights
Californian users of davidji inc. have additional rights afforded to them under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA).
Categories of personal information collected by davidji inc.
For more details about the personal information davidji inc. has collected in the past year, please see section 1 “Information we collect and its use”. For details on how we use that information, and who we share it with, please see section 2 “How we use your information” and section 3 “Sharing your information”.
davidji inc. does not “sell” (as defined in the CCPA) the personal information of davidji inc. users.
Making a request in relation to your personal information
The CCPA gives California consumers various rights with respect to the personal information we collect, including the right to (subject to certain limitations):
- Request to access the personal information davidji inc. has about you; and
- Request that davidji inc. delete all of your personal information.
California users may make a request by contacting us at email@example.com. We will authenticate your request using the email address associated with your davidji inc. account and if necessary, proof of residency.
Summary: The CCPA creates new consumer rights for Californian users as of 1 January 2020.
- Changes to this Policy
We may update this policy from time to time to reflect our current practice and ensure compliance with applicable laws. When we post changes to this policy, we will revise the “Last Updated” date at the top of this policy. If we make any material changes to the way we collect, use, store and/or share your personal information, we will notify you by prominently posting notice of the changes on our website and/or sending an email to the email address associated with your davidji inc. account. We recommend that you check this page from time to time to inform yourself of any changes.
- How to contact us
1611-A South Melrose Drive, Unit #276
Vista, CA 92081