Principles of Meditation
Hello, Spiritual Warrior!
Meditation isn’t just some woo-woo thing that we do to connect to our spiritual side. There is so much scientific proof that meditation is good for us! In this video, I break down the scientific benefits of meditation as well as share some other valuable tips to help you develop and solidify a meditation practice that you love.
But first things first – the science!
Here’s just a few ways that meditation affects our bodies and minds:
- Eases inflammation
- Heightened immunity
- Slower and deeper breathing
- Slower heartrate / lower blood pressure
- Meditation suppresses stress hormones
- We sleep better
- We are more patient
- More focused and engaged
- We make more purposeful choices / decision-making
The 16 Seconds to Clarity exercise that I share with you in this video is a way to instantly access the present moment, and allow the stress surrounding you to dissipate,no matter what it is, at any given moment. Simply inhale for four, hold for four, exhale for four, and hold for four. In that 16 second breath practice, you started making huge changes to your body and mind – with just that one breath!
And finally, in this video I also introduce you to the 6 Stages to the Present Moment.
While the present moment is a space of timelessness, it also is fluid and can have many ebbs and flows as we continue connecting to it.
- Stage 1 is Settling – remember that Comfort is Queen! 👑 We will never get to be fully present if we are busy thinking about all the ways in which we are uncomfortable.
- Stage 2 is Witnessing. Once we settle in, we begin to witness all that is going on within.
- Stage 3 is Drifting. This is a very natural occurrence and it happens because we are human! Our attention drifts around to sounds, thoughts, or physical sensations in the body.
- Stage 4 is Judging. Eek! This is where our inner critic comes into play. But when we allow that inner voice to tamper down, we can enter into the next stage.
- Stage 5 is Surrender. Finally! We have gotten past all of the things listed above.
- Stage 6 is Stillness. We have reached our destination! This is where we enter into what I like to call ‘The Gap’.
And as you flow through your meditation, you will notice yourself going into and out of all of these stages! Let yourself be curious about what you find within each stage, and you will begin to know yourself on a deeper and more profound level.
It is my sincere hope that these teachings help you develop and solidify a meditation practice that works for you.
Namaste – davidji & Peaches the Buddha Princess
You are beautiful and doing a great job! Don’t forget to LIKE & SUBSCRIBE to my channels to keep your ripple flowing in our community & support this content!!! Check out my Mind Shift membership too Sending you expansive love, personal growth, and forgiveness. Be well.
Namaste. -davidji & Peaches the Buddha Princess