Greetings Spiritual Warriors! And welcome to another edition of The Source. This week, we continue the journey of making peace with our past – a process that impacts all of us – because each of us is holding onto some aspect of the past that prevents us from moving forward.
Are you holding onto something from your past that’s standing in the way of deeper fulfillment or peace of mind? This is a very personal conversation, and sometimes we are unable to give ourselves permission to listen to what’s really in our heart. We defend, deny, protect, or come up with an excuse.
Each time we show up together here, or on Hay House Radio, or in meditation, or through practicing present moment awareness – we get one baby step closer to slowly peeling away automatic thoughts that are conditioned reactions to our past.
There are six powerful steps that we can take to help us more easily make peace with the past:
1. Meditate. It all starts with our thoughts – as the Buddha said, “All that we are arises with our thoughts – with our thoughts we create the world.” Meditation is the key. It doesn’t stop thoughts as much as make us aware of them as they come into stillness and silence. This tills the soil of the fertile garden of our heart.
2. Set clear intentions.
Each day have the intention to let go of whatever you are clinging to – just a little bit more. And breathe into it and release it, reminding yourself that it’s a constricted feeling and it doesn’t serve you. When we feel less-than we long for something to fill our emptiness – money, power, sex, winning, being liked on Facebook or followed on Twitter. An easier and more authentic way for you to transcend the illusion of emptiness is to recognize the divine that rests within.
Right now… gently follow your breath in and out as you repeat:
I am precious,
I am special,
I am sacred,
I am light,
I am love,
I am the universe
[Tweet “See the light in everyone in your life – they are here for a reason @davidji_com”]
3. See the divine in others – people you know intimately and people you meet. Every time you meet someone or think about someone perform a mini-Namaste exercise. Gaze into their eyes and silently say: I honor the light in you that is also in me, and I know we are one. See the light in everyone in your life – they are here for a reason. If you reject someone, can’t stand them, or are holding a grudge, see the light in them. Remind yourself that everyone is doing their best from their own level of consciousness. That means you too!
4. Forgive yourself and any role you play in your past. We all have done things that in the moment or afterwards realized – this was not what I want or wanted to do. The wounds we created, the lies we’ve told big and little, the cheating, and rationalizing on small and great scales, and the massaging of the truth – these are universal traits!!! They happened so they are done, but we must forgive so that we can move on. Find one thing every day to forgive yourself & the other person for. Simply forgive and let it go.
[Tweet “Find one thing every day to forgive yourself & another for. Forgive and let go @davidji_com”]
5. Commit to making better choices as you move forward. This is core. You must make an agreement with yourself that if you knew then what you know now, you would make a better choice – a higher choice. Life is not a competition for likes on Facebook or how many people smile at you. It’s about how many people you smile at and how much love you put out there – true love, unconditional love. So make a commitment to be better, do better, and make a wiser choice in the next moment.
6. Let go … let god. Essentially, begin to trust the universe. Embrace uncertainty embrace the unknown, allow the divine plan to unfold but you need to be in your best space to receive it. Allow god to work his miracles or her miracles or whatever your faith tells you and trust—trust in yourself, your heart and trust in the universe to work out all the details.
Follow these six steps today and your life will unfold with greater grace & ease. Keep meditating and be patient … the best is yet to come!!
Join me this week on Hay House & register for one of my upcoming healing immersions — we’re finally coming to the East Coast! Together, we will take our lives to the next level.