“This is your own time. This spot where you sit is your own spot. It is on this very spot and in this very moment that you can become enlightened. You don’t have to sit beneath a special tree in a distant land. Practice like this for a few months, and you will begin to know a profound and renewing delight.” -Thich Naht Hanh
Mantra: Om Dharma Namah
Today’s meditation will help you awaken greater clarity in unfolding your unique gifts and special talents. Then spend the rest of the weekend asking yourself, “How can I help?” “How can I heal?” “How can I serve others using my unique gifts and my special talents?”
Ruminate. Percolate. Marinate. Meditate. Reflect. Make a list. Go deep and keep asking…”How can I serve?” in each moment throughout the day.
Answers will begin to flow. Please let me help you. Share your process with me. Share this process with your friends and family. Get as many people involved in the journey as possible and you’ll start to feel the ripples of the convergence between what you love…and using it to help others.
Here are eight easy steps to awakening your dharma that I shared Wednesday on LIVE! from the SweetSpot on hayhouseradio.com:
1. Identify how you can help, heal, and serve others
2. Find your archetypes – who do you admire – who is doing work you admire – who inspires you – use these as guides to pattern or fashion your own dharma.
3. Meditate – spend time in silence – it’s where all creative answers incubate
4. Pay attention to the meaning of coincidences and synchronicities as they unfold in your life
5. Take chances – put yourself out there – BE BOLD
6. Plant intentions – keep visioning, keep dreaming, and invite those intentions into your heart. Plamn them there and remember to let them go because we need to let go of outcomes. (Bhagavad Gita Chapter 2, verse 47: we have total control of our actions and no control of the fruit of our actions. so let go of the fruit – the outcomes – and BE fully present.
7. Listen to the answers as they unfold in each moment. Be Present.
8. As long as there is light coming through the door keep knocking or pushing on it – once there is no light…look for another door.
As answers come to you, write them down. Make two lists and keep them going. On one list are the things you love and love to do. On the other list are the causes and people you root for and want to serve. I can’t wait to see what unfolds so stay in the energy of dharma this week and let the universe whisper the answers to you. And remember: meditate, meditate, meditate and your life will continue to blossom and bloom.
SAVE THE DATES!
davidji 2014 events
Set Your Course for 2014!
January 22 – 26, 2014
Secrets of Meditation Teacher Training
March 16 – 23, 2014
Discover Your Dharma
April 2 – 6, 2014
Secrets of Meditation Healing Immersion
May 7 – 11, 2014
More details to come!